December 9, 2010

Invitation Inspiration: Brewer's Hops, The Perfect Symbol of Our Love [Things I Love]

Did you know that 80% of the world's hops are
grown in Oregon and Washington? 


What should we do for our wedding invitations?

I've been trying to answer this question for quite a while. At one point I thought I would do something having to do with a tree (who doesn't like trees, right? fail!), at another point I was getting ready to spend big bucks on letterpress invites (but wouldn't we all prefer that money to be spent on good food and booze?). Until now I haven't come to any sort of conclusion. Really, I couldn't make up my mind because I needed to focus on one important question:

What do we want for our invitations? 

Although I am certainly doing more wedding planning that Si, I want to see him in these updates. Correction, I want to represent us with these invites. From that I could eliminate anything too girlie. Then I had to think about the things that we both love. We play a lot of Scrabble, we love Apple products and we always enjoy a good trip to the pub. 

And that's it: beer! Beer (or alcohol in general) is perfect. Not only is it representative of something we both love, it is appropriate representation of our celebration. Ok, perfect. 

Next problem: how to incorporate this graphically in an attractive set of invitations? 

Solution: the hops plant. Hops are grown in Oregon and Washington, further representation of my family and are absolutely gorgeous. I'll certainly be incorporating these beautiful buds throughout our wedding decor. 

Ah, so pleased!





No comments:

Post a Comment